I'm jumping back in - feet first- to the crazy fun of Not Me! Monday, hosted by the fabulous MckMama.
I did not recently cave and join the multidudes of facebookers in the "25 things about me" craze. I did not learn some new things about myself in writing my 25 things and I didn't share my list with my mom (via email) because I thought she'd like my answers.
I also did not go with my mom to see "He's Just Not That Into You" at the theatre on Saturday while hubby was Sturgeon Spearing. I did not point out (to my mom, whose husband - my dad - is also a scrooge about Valentine's Day) all the lovely couples in the theatre with us watching the movie. Together. With popcorn. Nope not me!
I didn't feel bad when, upon returning home from the movie I found the sweet Valentine's Day surprise hubby had left for me to find. I did not take back my mean thoughts about him and promptly call his cell phone to declare my love for that man.
Because I was so enamored with the gift I didn't find, I most certainly didn't grumble about having to trek into the cold, in my jammies to pick up my dear husband from the bar later that night.
I most definitely didn't cry when I realized that all those gosh-darn-curl-up-in-a-ball-because-they-hurt-so-bad cramps turned into my period; meaning I'm not pregnant even though we've been trying for eight months to conceive and that stupid pregnancy book I've been reading "told" me that all the signs were there this time and I would most certainly find out I was pregnant. (Whew! Gotta take a breather after typing that one.)
I have not been very emotional lately, and didn't cry when I thought my brother-in-law was laughing at me when he was really laughing about an un-related joke he'd just heard. I'm not that sensitive.
I did not create a "To Do" list for today and have not already accomplished nearly half of that list including #7 "Blog."
I am not, right now, paitently awaiting the Fireplace Fixer Guy who is schedule to inspect our fireplace today. I am not sooooo looking forward to curling up by it later this afternoon with a good book.
I am also not even the teensiest, weensiest bit worried about whether or not this Fireplace Fixer Guy - whose name is Edward, apparently - is a rapist/murderer/all around creep. I'm not that paranoid and don't mind one bit being all alone in our house with a guy I don't know.
I am not waaaaaaay excited for my friend Sarah and her cute lil family, who just bought a new house! I wasn't even a little bit jealous that their offer was ACCEPTED without much difficulty. Because I'm not bitter about our home-buying experience at all. (Smile)
I am not going to sign off right now to watch a Brady Bunch marathon on TV Land while I dust, do dishes and wait for the (maybe creepy) Fireplace Fixer Guy.
I did not cut my own hair this morning after setting up and cancelling several appointments at a local salon. It has not been 8 months since the last time I paid someone to cut my hair. I did not just cringe as I typed that.
That's all....
Have a great Not Me! Monday!
P.S. The fireplace guy just showed up...he's not creepy! Hooray!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Not Me!
Posted by D.M. at 8:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I "did not" agree with most of your list. Except for the dusting part I can honestly say I DID NOT do that. Sorry about your cramps. I found myself of the verge of insanity when trying to get pregnant. I would be holding the negative test and tell myself all the ways it could be wrong. Loved your post.
yay for non creepy fireplace fixer guys! woo!
and thanks! we're excited about the house too. and don't worry----there's plenty of time for difficulty! did i mention we're not moving in until 30 days AFTER close because of renovation? oh yeah... there's time, dear. ha! (but i hope it goes ok!)
have a good day! sorry about the cramps. those suck. it will all work itself out. meanwhile, you live in hilbert and so does my cousin heidi. she has a new baby that you can hold. i did last night. for an hour. or two. (and i HATED giving her back!) :)
I also did not have the same experience last week when said period showed up!...hey at least you didn't break down in the best buy parking lot like i did! :)
so i always think about the rapist/murderer/kidnapper etc etc guys coming to my house...even WHEN shaun is home.
Post a Comment