Ahhh! I did it again, didn't I? I promised to be a better blogger and I've let ya'll down. I wish I had a good excuse...but really, I just didn't feel like blogging.
Truth is I've made a very conscious decision to put my marriage and my husband first over everything else. Including blogging.
So I make sure that when I get home from work the tv, radio and computer are not turned on till we've eaten supper together and had time to talk about our day. By the time we do that, we typically watch a half hour or so of tv together or play a game together or just hop in bed to cuddle and talk some more.
I can really tell how our marriage has been strengthened since we bought our house. I no longer have that strange restlessness inside me and I've learned to think about the more important things in life.
So, dear blogging buddies, that is why I've neglected this little space in the blog-o-sphere. Even though I haven't been writing, I've still found time - early in the morning, before work - to keep close tabs on the zillions of blogs I follow. I don't think I could ever give that up!
For those of you that are really interested, I'll give you a quick run-down of all that you've missed in that last two-ish weeks.
Sturgeon Spearing season came and went with no one in our group having even enough luck to see a fish, much less spear one. My aunt - who does not spear in our group - did harvest a nice sturgeon this year, though, so we were quite happy for her.
Mark invited 12 of his buddies from work to our house to play poker. Judging by the amount of alcohol, dip/chips, sausage/cheese/crackers that was consumed - a good time was had by all.
Last weekend we watched my godson Jade and had fun taking him to my parent's farm to see the cows, calves, and cats. My parents also have two sweet, gentle as can be puppies...but for some reason Jade was terrified of them and both dog's feelings were hurt.
I've been pretty worried about their dog Trigger, a purebreed red bone coonhound, who has a nasty infection in his front paw. Thankfully he's on antibiotics and seems to be doing better.
In other medically related news, my dear grandma had to have emergency gall bladder surgery this week. Thankfully everything went fine but it was a very scary situation as she had quite the infection and a lot of pain, further complicated by a spike in her blood sugar, probably due to the meds. She is still in the hospital recovering while the doctors work on controlling her diabetes.
We've had the opportunity to spend some extra fun time with friends and family lately as we've wrapped up some of our house projects. We went out last night with my brother and sister-in-law and had lots of fun!
Four of our nephews wrestled in a youth wrestling tournament today. We really enjoyed cheering them on, even though it was tough to keep track of who was wrestling where at what time. The boys did great!
Last week we recieved great news - we are eligible for the new first time homeowners $8,000 tax credit!! Whoo hoo! We're looking forward to a great tax return that will help replenish our savings account and hopefully allow us to cement our driveway.
Have I mentioned how awful it has been to shovel the snow out of our driveway? No? Well suffice it to say...it's been awful. I look forward to having a paved driveway that would accommodate a snowblower or at least allow us to shovel more easily.
Speaking of snow...where the heck is spring? I'm more than ready for it!!
I've got lots more to share, but I'm going to wrap up here and get on with my laundry and cleaning. Don't worry, I've started a list of all that I need to blog about, so hopefully I'll start finding more time to share. Until then...ciao!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
MIA
Posted by D.M. at 12:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment