Well, I'm finally recovered from New Year's Eve. Ha. Just kidding. I' ve just been pretty lazy on the blogging front.
We did have a fun New Year's Eve, though and we realized we're waaaaaaaay too old to be staying up so late!
I ended up only having to work until 3 p.m. on New Year's Eve so we met up with a few of my aunts/uncles at a local bar for some drinks and dice games. I had seriously like 4 drinks, then we went out to eat and then headed to Mark's brother's house.
I swear I only had four drinks and get this...I felt sick the next day. I had a headache and didn't feel right....after four drinks! See, I'm just getting waaaaaay too old! Ha ha.
New Year's Day we ended up doing a bit of shopping because Mark needed new work shoes, so we just had to hit up HuHot again. I think we're becoming addicted to that place! It's soooooooooo good.
It was a pretty relaxing day, which made it really hard for both of us to go to work yesterday. Ugh. Thankfully the day went by quickly. Last night I headed over to my parent's house to do laundry for one of the last times because...pretty soon we're moving to our own house with our own washer and dryer! Yay!
We (meaning me and my brother-from-another-mother Ryan) dyed my brother's hair black last night. I'm not sure how Ben got into this kick that he needed a "$6 makeover" but he did, and wanted his hair black for 2009. It ended up looking really nice, but then again he's one of those guys who looks good no matter what he does.
Our car had a little trouble last night...meaning it refused to start, so it stayed stranded at my parent's house last night. So we got up super early this morning to go over there and dump some Heet in the gas tank. Thankfully it started up after that.
We just made our weekend Wal-Mart run and now Mark is playing Madden Wii (for the 9,000th time since we got it last year) and I'm going to do some more packing. We have a birthday party later for my great-uncle, but other than that we're going to have a pretty relaxing weekend, thank goodness.
After a busy week, I really need a little time to breathe. And pack. And pick out paint colors for our new house. And sign more papers for the loan for our new house. And start cleaning the apartment for moving-out. And...well actually my weekend might not be so relaxing after all.
The good news? My little niece taught me how to crochet...so I'm starting an afghan! Believe it or not, I find knitting and crocheting soooooooooooo enjoyable and relaxing. So, I'm looking forward to my project...after all that other stuff is done.
I'll leave you with a few fun pictures to tide you over, you know, just in case I don't get around to blogging for the rest of the weekend....
My parent's dog, Otis, trying to get into the holiday spirit.
Jade, my adorable godson, at Christmas.





0 comments:
Post a Comment