As some of you may know, Mark and I have been trying to conceive (ttc) for a looooooong time. The problem is, our "trying" was unconventional (to say the least) until recently.
You see, while Mark agreed he was ready to start a family he didn't really take an active interest in our attempts to conceive. Meaning...he didn't really care to hear about my cycle, or ovulation, or anything that had to do with the "planning" aspect of conception.
So I charted my cycle, used an online ferility predictor tool, kept a calendar...the whole ball of wax and was involved enough for the both of us. But, it didn't really feel right. I alternated between thinking we were on the same page with our plans to start a family to feeling like I was tricking him into getting pregnant. Blah. It was not good.
Then, about four months ago, it was like a light switch flipped in my dear hubby's head. Just like that he was logging on to fertility Web sites because he wanted to. He made an appointment with his doctor because he read somewhere that certain thyroid medications can complicate things when trying to conceive. He sought out advice from his brothers and believe it or not he was the one to suggest we start using Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPK).
Amazing! I am so blessed to have his love and support and I finally feel like we're working together on this dream!
Also amazing...I was stunned to learn - via the OPK - that my cycle is just as I thought it was! I was seriously scared that I might find out that I was either not ovulating, or ovulating in an unpredictable/weird way. BUT... (and sorry if this is too much info) I have a 25 day cycle and I ovulated on day 12...half way through the cycle! Whooo hooooo!
Have I mentioned how amazing it was to see TWO PINK LINES. Granted, they were only HcG Spike lines and not you-are-pregnant-go-celebrate lines, but still. I have NEVER seen two pink lines on a stick before. My heart seriously started racing.
God bless the inventor of the OPK. My mind has never been so at ease in all the months we've been ttc. Fingers crossed...
Friday, May 15, 2009
"O" K
Posted by D.M. at 8:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Yay! Glad to hear everything's going well (medically) and hopefully a baby announcement will be coming soon! :). You two will be such good parents! Not sure if you've read my blog lately, but we had the baby discussion recently... I'll let you read the rest. :) Will we be seeing the two of you next Sunday?
I really, really, really want things to work out for you! I pray for you all the time, and every time I see a baby, I honestly think of you. I have faith that everything is going to work out. :)
{{{Hugs}}}
Sarah
Great sign!!! 2 pink lines..the best 2 pink lines will be next!!! have fun ;)
Glad to hear everything's going well
free classified india
Post a Comment