Thursday, May 7, 2009

Testing

Yesterday was Mark's 27th birthday. Man, I love that guy! Know what I wanted more than anything to give him for his special day? A positive pregnancy test. Wanna know what I got him instead? Season one on DVD of his favorite TV show, Chuck.

He was happy and I was happy that he was happy, but still...

So here's what we're up to right now -

My morning routine: I awake to a kiss from hubby, then stumble to the bathroom and find my favorite plastic cup. I quickly do my business, catching as much "liquid" as one can while trying not to think about/look at what they're doing. Then I rush to grab an ovulation test strip from the canister - being careful to expose the strips to less than .25 seconds of air from the outside world - and I dip the test strip and wait. For five minutes. I read the results, sigh a frustrated sigh when I see negative results and go about my "pre-trying-to-conceive-morning routine."

Hopefully some day soon those dumb test strips will tell me I'm ovulating...but I guess that's my biggest fear - that I'm not. In my mind there's got to be some reason why we haven't conceived in the last year...maybe it's me?

While I'm excited to take this next step toward conceiving, I'm also nervous and anxious that I'll find there's something wrong. I guess in the event that happens, then we'll know - sooner rather than later - that we need help.

Fingers crossed for ovulation/good timing/happy thoughts!!!

0 comments: