Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back in the Swing of Things


Wow! We had such an amazingly fun night last night...to tell you the truth I'm surprised I'm up already at 7:45 a.m.!

Last night, we had sky box seats (courtesy of Les Stumpf Ford) for the Timber Rattlers game in Appleton. The group consisted of me, Mark, brother/sisters-in-law Randy, Kris, Dave, Amy, Mary and Dave and my bestest Jenny and her fiancee Jake. We had such a great time...lots of beer, nachos, and popcorn as well as a little baseball watching. We had our picture taken with the Rattler mascot and were able to see a 9-2 Rattler win! I will definitely have to post pics later!

After the game we stopped for drinks at one of our favorite bars, Jeanne's, and got way more than we'd bargained for. My brother and sister in law know the owners very well so we're always treated to drinks on the house at some point. It just happened to be Amy's birthday...sooo we ended up each doing four or five shots! Eeek!

I decided to stop drinking around midnight and switched to water because I really didn't want to feel icky today, plus sometimes it's just as fun to watch the other guys having a good time. Mark and Randy didn't stop, however and are definitely paying for it today.

I'm so glad that Mark forced me to go along. I'm not a big drinker and actually prefer to stay home knitting/reading/cleaning/baking/watching tv etc. But after last night I feel so alive! It's so great to be able to go out and have a good time, share laughs, create memories.... it's been a long time since I've gone out. Probably since my bachelorette party last year! It's not something I enjoy that often, but I'm glad for the opportunity to kick up my heels and have fun because I know we won't be doing that crazy stuff when we have little ones.

Anyway it's great to get back into the swing of things...I fear I was becoming a little too antisocial. Easy to do when you're content to be at home. Till next time.... Party on Dudes!

0 comments: