...with this blog because I feel that so many of the other wonderful blogs I read are filled with such inspiring and beautiful words...mine simply don't compare.
I'm mean, seriously how many times can one stand to read about an argument Mark and I had? Or any of the other mundane things that fill up my life?
You know what I realized? Every single blog that I read is written by someone with children! Perhaps that's what's missing from my blog...child-like innocence and cute anecdotes?
Maybe I should hold off on this blogging business till I have something "real" to write about....hmmm...something to ponder. In the meantime, I'll try to liven up this blog with some cute niece/nephew sayings.
•At a recent family party, several of my nieces and nephews were swimming in a pool and became very excited when the neighbor began combining the land next door. The kids rushed out of the pool to watch the big machinery.
My godson Jade (nearly 3) began squealing, "Candy! Candy!"
Apparently he's been to one too many parades.
•Speaking of parades, my second cousin Grant, 3, sat with us at a parade a few weeks ago. He enjoyed dancing as the bands played and kept busy catching candy. He wasn't, however, thrilled with the firetrucks or their sirens.
"Those things," he said pointing with one hand while his other attempted to cover his ears. "are not fun."
•"Where do babies come from?" my 5-year-old nephew Trent asked me one day.
"Where do you think they come from?" I asked.
"I dunno...the sandbox?" - Trent
"Yup, of course that's where."
Thursday, August 21, 2008
I Struggle....
Posted by D.M. at 9:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment