My blog got a facelift. Again. Sorry, I simply love to play around with this stuff. This blog will be getting lots and lots of facelifts 'til I decide to be bored with changing it!
Not much new. Went shopping and to a movie with my mom for her birthday and I'm getting things ready for our Relay for Life walk tomorrow.
I've been feeling a bit down. Just frustrated with certain things at work and a few things going on between Mark and I. Doesn't help that I'm starting to feel that restlessness again...that feeling of "wanting something more." I was able to smash that feeling down for a month or so but it's starting to creep back up.
I feel like I want/need something...a house? A baby? A puppy? Something...anything to look forward to. Ugh. It's a sickening feeling to know that I should be so happy with the way my life is (husband, loving family, etc.) but to still wish for more.
It also doesn't help that I'm upset with a friend who volunteers for overtime (even though her family doesn't need the money) and in turn ends up not spending much time with her young kids. Frustrates me because I would do anything to have a baby and I see her taking her children for granted. Doesn't she realize how quickly they grow? That soon they'll be out of that fun baby stage, and into the teenage years where they'll probably want nothing to do with her?
Sigh. Makes me think "if I were her..." But I guess we can't do that because it's unfair to judge other people's decisions. For all I know she could have a really good reason for wanting the overtime. Maybe she's planning a vacation to Disneyland and wants to save up extra money...could be.
Ah, well. This post was pretty pointless but it did help to relieve some of the tension I've been feeling. It's hard for me to share this restless feeling with Mark because he simply doesn't feel it. He's perfectly happy with the way things are and doesn't see the need for change. I guess I'd better do some reflection and pray for peace of mind where all this is concerned. In the meantime, I hope all you out in blogger-land have a wonderful weekend...I know mine will be busy, busy!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
FaCeLiFt
Posted by D.M. at 7:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment