Well it seems I've jinxed myself in writing this post as it turns out I've got an un-announcement to make.
Last week Mark and I were very excited, after more than six months of searching, to find a wonderful house that we immediately fell in love with. We toured the home three times last week before deciding to call the realtor and meet with her Sunday to put in an offer.
We've been through this before and knew that we could expect a counter offer, but we never dreamed that the current homeowners would be unwilling to budge even a measly $100 from their asking price! We were shocked to see the counter offer was dollar for dollar, their asking price!
We counter offered their counter offer with a number that was a teensy bit higher than our original offer and the homeowner rejected that one too.
This is so very disappointing as I feel this was our last chance, before winter, to find a home. I'm also upset because I know that the homeowner has already taken a job in a city more than an hour away from ours and he is currently shuttling his family between two homes.
I suspect that he must have a high mortgage to pay as well as rent in the apartment they're staying in and gas money to drive back and forth between the two properties...I guess what I'm saying is that I'll be praying for them.
I hope that they find something that works for them and whether they decide to re-consider our offer or not, I hope they find a buyer for their house. I hope and pray too that we will find a place to call our own. I want so badly to move forward from this "rut" we seem to be in.
Sigh. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. In any case, praying for God's wisdom...hoping He'll show us the direction we need to go. All in His plan.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Jinxed
Posted by D.M. at 4:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment