Ugh. Today is a sweltering day. This 90 degree weather is definately not indicative of fall...but the fact that football season is upon us means fall is here!
Tonight Mark's (eighth grade) team has their first real game against New Holstein. They had a scrimmage last week that I went to and I was really not impressed with the kids. Mark and Randy are coaching the same kids they had last year in seventh grade, so it should mean things are easier but the kids seem to have gotten snottier (not a word, I know) over the course of the school year and summer. They are really annoying!
Mark has already had to break up five or six fights and this one kid simply refuses to do any running because he doesn't "feel like it." Seriously...if they don't want to play then why are they out for the sport? Does it come down to the fact that the parent's are pushing their kids to be invovled in something they don't care to do? It's starting to seem that way to me.
Anyway after my council meeting tonight I'm going to head up to Morrissey Park to watch. I hope the kids do well because it breaks my heart to see my husband and his brother work so hard to teach them and have the kids act like they don't care. Do they realize that their coaches are volunteers? Some days they don't want to be there either, but they always show up! Argh. Enough of that.
We had a really busy weekend that I'd love to write about but I just can't muster the energy. I put in a lot of hours over the weekend and just finished up a 13 hour work day today. I'm beat.
Tomorrow I have a bunch more stuff to get done for work but I hope to run to Appleton later in the day to find a Walgreens that will print some copyrighted pictures. My grandma found these amazing pics of my grandpa when he served in the Army (Korean War) but stupid Wal-Mart won't let us print them even though the photos are nearly 50 years old and the studio that took them is no longer in business! They keep siting copyright laws. Fine, whatever. But when the studio doesn't exist and the pics are really old, why can't they make an exception?
Anyway all my dad wants for his birthday (on Friday) is to have these photos re-touched and enlarged so I'm on a mission to get it done! Wish me luck!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Sweltering
Posted by D.M. at 3:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment