Wow. A week is waaaaaaay too long to go without posting, but I have a good reason for my absence. Sort of.
Ok in the last week I could have blogged about the two houses we've looked at, one of which seems like a very good prospect. I didn't blog about it because since then we've spend countless hours pouring over our finances and discussing (arguing) the pros and cons.
I could have also blogged about the debate my parents, brother and I had regarding our views on the current presidential candidates. I didn't blog about this debate because I fear the post would exceed four pages in length if I were to attempt to share my political views.
In hindsight, I could have blogged about the Saturday morning I spent rushing from one outdoor event to the other for work while the sky drizzled on my poor, unprepared head. I chose not to blog about this because...well, it's just depressing. Seriously, almost an entire Saturday spent working. I'd rather not relive that.
I also could have blogged about our dear nephew's fifth birthday party, held Saturday night. I could have written about the delicious treasure-chest themed cake, the way his face lit up at the sight of his presents and the sweet thank you he screamed in my ear as he hugged me. I didn't write a post about that event because my loving husband, who happens to be the dear child's Godfather, chose to give this 5-year old a light up, sound enhanced squirt gun. I couldn't bear to post about the aftermath of an energetic boy armed with a squirt gun in his parent's house. Nope, no post on that.
I could have blogged about my secret midnight snack of Doritos...but then I would have had to share how one especially crispy Doritos cracked my tooth. I chose not to share this post because it would have taken too much editing to bleep out my husband's foul mouth as he realized there would be yet another dental visit and dental bill in our future.
I also could have blogged about Tuesday's visit to the dentist and the excruciating pain involved in removing the broken part of said tooth. But there too, would be editing...this time on my part. So, no post on that.
I could have shared the fact that our wonderful dentist managed to patch together the tooth so as to allow me to wait until the first of the year (when our dental insurance is renewed) to receive a crown. I chose not to post that because my husband is still ticked at the situation and really, it's all my fault for creating a dental conspiracy. Best not to write of such things, thus my secrets be revealed.
So there you have it. The things I could have posted about and the reasons I didn't. Though I forgot to add one important reason as to my lack of blogging - laziness. Yup, that's right I've been just plain lazy...as evident by the state of our humble abode and the fact that the dishes and laundry have not been done in nearly four days. Yikes.
I'm off to create more fun adventures that I could blog about, but probably won't. Till then...
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Things I could have blogged about and reasons why I didn't...
Posted by D.M. at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment