Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Crazy Folk

Phew! It's been a busy few days! Monday and Tuesday I put in 13 hour days at work, so I'm taking a much needed and well deserved morning off. I actually got done early yesterday (for a Tuesday) around 6:30 p.m., though I had gone into work at 5:45 a.m. Anyway, Tuesdays are usually later so Mark often plans things - golf, hanging out with his buddies, etc. - so he won't be sitting here all alone. Last night he'd told Randy he could come over for the Brewers game, which started around 7 p.m. I told Mark that was fine, but he'd have to do a quick clean of the apartment before Randy got there - Mark knows how much I hate having people over when the apartment is a mess!


He said his usual "yea, yea" so I really didn't think he would do anything. Surprise! He actually did the dishes, cleared off the table, scrubbed the toilet, picked up his towels off the bathroom floor, picked up his blanket off the living room floor and he even remembered to shut our bedroom door - my number one rule when people come over; Thou Shalt Not See Our Bedroom. I was so happy!


Mark was sad that I got done early and we couldn't spend time together because he'd already promised that Randy could come over, but I said I would just go over to my parents to see them for a while. Ever since they tore down their house and I can't do laundry over there, it seems like I never get to see them! I pulled into their driveway and they were getting ready to leave to go visit my grandparents to give Grandpa his Father's Day card. I decided to go along...you can never spend too much time with the G's!


We had a wonderful time...my grandparents are two of the funniest people I know! I took lots of pics...as I usually do, because they are so willing to do funny things for the camera. Later, we went inside their house and grandma started pulling stuff from the fridge - pretty soon we had an entire feast (ham sandwiches, chip and dip, pickles, brownies, date bars, etc) to eat a 9 p.m.!





Here are a few pics:









1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gomen kudasai.