Sunday, June 1, 2008

He's baaaaaaack!

*This picture doesn't have much to do with my post, but it's so cute I had to include it! This is my Marky as a toddler...just look at his blonde hair!

Mark just got back from his vacation up North with his work buddies and after unpacking and eating lunch, he's taking a nap while I do some laundry. It's good to have him back home, but I must say I didn't miss him nearly as much this trip as I did the last.

The group goes up to Corey's cabin twice a year - in the Spring and Fall - so I've been through the lonely weekend seven times now. They leave Friday afternoon after work and don't return home until Sunday around noon and, in the past, his leaving has been very had for me. I don't sleep well without him and I find myself moping around the apartment waiting for the rare moments when he has cell phone reception to call me.

This year I decided I would try to me stronger. I kept myself busy doing extra stuff for work, I visited with my brother and parents and went shopping with my mom on Saturday, I read two books I'd been meaning to get to, I got caught up on the dishes and I re-organized and cleaned our computer room. Quite the productive weekend!

Mark was only able to call home twice, and we talked for maybe five minutes total but it was still nice to hear his voice. I was able to sleep pretty well this time, probably because I was so busy during the day that I was actually tired when it was time for bed.

In any event, I'm happy to say I survived the weekend and I'm glad Mark has the opportunity to spend guy time. It's good for our relationship too to spend some time apart. You know what they say...absence makes the heart grow fonder!

I'm sure he'll make the trip again this fall, but next year he probably won't make either the spring or fall trip...if everything goes as planned that is! Our current plan is to start "trying" for a baby this winter. Who knows, it could happen the first month or (more likely) it will take several months of trying. But I'm sure if I'm pregnant next spring he won't want to leave, even if it is for a weekend...he's very protective that way!

I can't believe it's June already...time goes by so quickly! It seems like just yesterday I saw Mark out on the golf course for the first time on a sticky June day. I can't believe how much my life has changed (for the better) since he came into it. Love is a beautiful thing!

Time to go wake up hubby - I want ice cream!

0 comments: