...but it seems to me that in the days since we learned about the death of our good friend, the pain has only gotten stronger, the hurt deeper.
We learned early Monday morning that our beloved friend, Al, had taken his own life. Since the moment I received that phone call, my world has been turned upside down. I alternate between crying and wondering why, then I giggle when I remember a fun time we spent with him or something funny he said, and then my laughter quickly turns to sobs when I realize I'll never again be able to hug him or tease him about his love for the Cubs.
I've known Al, his wife, and their two children for as long as I've known my husband however Mark and his brother Randy have been close with him for many, many years and just looking at the pain in their faces, makes my heart ache even more. Why did this happen?
I'm struggling to come to terms with his fate as well. I believe with my whole heart that Al is in heaven right now. I don't care what the church's position on suicide is...all I know is that he was a wonderful friend, a good person and a superb father and husband. Though he had a shady past, he made up for it and continued to help others and do good deeds. I can't and won't accept any other notion of his fate, because it's too hard for me to imagine going to heaven someday and not seeing his smiling face there waiting for me.
I believe that everything happens for a reason and God has a plan for us all. Whether we die of natural causes, in a car accident or whatever - there is a reason and plan for it. I'm still trying to understand His plan for Al because all I know is the world is not better off without him and we all (selfishly?) want him here.
Please pray for his wife and young children who are dealing with this tragedy and for all his family and friends who are trying to understand why and are struggling to come to terms with his death. Saturday, the day of his funeral, will be especially hard for all of us. We'll need a lot of faith and support to get through this.
I keep praying that someday the sun will shine again and we'll be able to remember Al with smiles on our faces. Right now, that day seems pretty far off.
We learned early Monday morning that our beloved friend, Al, had taken his own life. Since the moment I received that phone call, my world has been turned upside down. I alternate between crying and wondering why, then I giggle when I remember a fun time we spent with him or something funny he said, and then my laughter quickly turns to sobs when I realize I'll never again be able to hug him or tease him about his love for the Cubs.
I've known Al, his wife, and their two children for as long as I've known my husband however Mark and his brother Randy have been close with him for many, many years and just looking at the pain in their faces, makes my heart ache even more. Why did this happen?
I'm struggling to come to terms with his fate as well. I believe with my whole heart that Al is in heaven right now. I don't care what the church's position on suicide is...all I know is that he was a wonderful friend, a good person and a superb father and husband. Though he had a shady past, he made up for it and continued to help others and do good deeds. I can't and won't accept any other notion of his fate, because it's too hard for me to imagine going to heaven someday and not seeing his smiling face there waiting for me.
I believe that everything happens for a reason and God has a plan for us all. Whether we die of natural causes, in a car accident or whatever - there is a reason and plan for it. I'm still trying to understand His plan for Al because all I know is the world is not better off without him and we all (selfishly?) want him here.
Please pray for his wife and young children who are dealing with this tragedy and for all his family and friends who are trying to understand why and are struggling to come to terms with his death. Saturday, the day of his funeral, will be especially hard for all of us. We'll need a lot of faith and support to get through this.
I keep praying that someday the sun will shine again and we'll be able to remember Al with smiles on our faces. Right now, that day seems pretty far off.
March 13, 1976 - June 1, 2008





0 comments:
Post a Comment