Mark's grandparents, Marcella and John, shared a very special kind of love. Together they celebrated the birth of children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and 60+ years of marriage. Their bond was so deep that when Marcella passed away in November of 2003, John was only able to carry on living for a few months before he joined his valentine in heaven on February 14, 2004. They truly had a love without end.
Mark was quite close with his grandparents and has often told me how sad he is that I never got to meet them, that they couldn't be there on our wedding day. This weekend, he shared with me the eulogies he wrote and read for both of their funerals. Mark has never been great with words, but those memories of his grandparents were heartfelt and beautiful - they helped me see a new side of the man I love. It was very touching, and helped us on the very long path to forgiveness and healing.
This weekend has been very trying for us, but also very good for our relationship. We took a lot of time to talk about the things that were bothering us (in regard to our marriage) and ironed out several things that we've been "too busy" to consider discussing.
As you can probably gather from my last post, I was seriously about to lose it last week. In all my anger and frustration, I simply couldn't remember anything that was "good" about our relationship. I lost sight of the things I love about Mark and the way we used to be.
This weekend, I started to see it again. After we talked things through, we were able to laugh and joke around and we even had a heated kissing session on the couch! I'm sure you didn't want to know that, but seriously we haven't done that in over three years!
I know that we have a love as true and as deep as his grandparent's and I look forward to spending the next 60+ years at his side. We've both got some work to do, but the main thing is - we've agreed to work at it... A love without end, Amen.
Mark was quite close with his grandparents and has often told me how sad he is that I never got to meet them, that they couldn't be there on our wedding day. This weekend, he shared with me the eulogies he wrote and read for both of their funerals. Mark has never been great with words, but those memories of his grandparents were heartfelt and beautiful - they helped me see a new side of the man I love. It was very touching, and helped us on the very long path to forgiveness and healing.
This weekend has been very trying for us, but also very good for our relationship. We took a lot of time to talk about the things that were bothering us (in regard to our marriage) and ironed out several things that we've been "too busy" to consider discussing.
As you can probably gather from my last post, I was seriously about to lose it last week. In all my anger and frustration, I simply couldn't remember anything that was "good" about our relationship. I lost sight of the things I love about Mark and the way we used to be.
This weekend, I started to see it again. After we talked things through, we were able to laugh and joke around and we even had a heated kissing session on the couch! I'm sure you didn't want to know that, but seriously we haven't done that in over three years!
I know that we have a love as true and as deep as his grandparent's and I look forward to spending the next 60+ years at his side. We've both got some work to do, but the main thing is - we've agreed to work at it... A love without end, Amen.





0 comments:
Post a Comment