I heard the most amazing and powerful song on the radio the other day that completely stopped me in my tracks. Click here to listen.
________________________________________________
Here are the lyrics:
"Bring Him Home Santa"
Dear Santa, I need to change my Christmas list
There's one big thing I missedYou see my Daddy's working for away from here
And I know Santa, I asked for a Barbie doll
And a brand new soccer ballBut I'd trade it all, for just one gift this year...
Bring him home Santa, bring him home to mom and me
Let us wake up Christmas morning, and find him standing by our tree
You can pick him up on your way, he could ride there in your sleigh
Don't make him spend Christmas all alone....Bring him home
And Santa, here's a picture that I drew Of him in his dress blues
Mama says our country needs him over there
And you know Santa, this whole year I've been good
And I was hopin' that wouldDo all you could to answer her prayer...
Bring him home Santa, bring him home to mom and me
Let us wake up Christmas morning, and find him standing by our tree
You can pick him up on your way, he could ride there in your sleigh
Don't make him spend Christmas all alone.....Bring him home
Bring him home....Bring him home....Bring him home
________________________________________________
As an auntie to two military men, the song is near and dear to my heart. Oh, how I wish it was so easy... that Santa could bring my two nephews home for Christmas.
This time of year is especially hard...I can't stop thinking about them, wondering what they're doing. I know that Craig is braving the deserts of Afghanistan and Troy is training in North Dakota, but what are they thinking about, feeling, seeing?
I'm asking for prayers...for our family that we are able to find the strength to get through this holiday season, missing them. Especially for Craig's wife and young daughter who I'm sure could have written this song.
Merry (almost) Christmas, my brave nephews!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Bring Him Home, Santa
Posted by D.M. at 3:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment