Whew! I'd forgotten how messy packing can be. Boxes everywhere!
I decided to tackle our computer room this weekend to get a head start on our packing. We have three Christmas parties to attend next weekend and the following weekend we will (hopefully) close on the house...so I'm trying to do things little by little.
I managed to track down some boxes yesterday and began packing up a lot of little things in our computer room. A lot of it is stuff we received as wedding gifts and haven't really been using because they are things for a house, not an itty bitty apartment. That's been easy, I've got most of it packed up already in either boxes or plastic totes.
The most difficult part of it all is motivating Mark to go through his papers and files. He takes care of our finances and records - something I love, love, love because I'm not good with numbers - but his organization is something to be desired. His idea of filing/putting things away is to make a stack of papers and envelopes on the desk. Hmm...not good for moving.
Right now he's vegging in front of the tv watching the Packer game but he's promised to resume working when its over...if he knows what's good for him, he'll follow through.
He gets so annoyed with me when I get in these "let's just get it done" moods. He's my procrastinating-I'll-do-it-later guy and doesn't like to be pushed. But pushing is necessary if we hope to move all this stuff in a timely fashion.
Though packing is the priority right now, we're also busy trying to decide on paint/carpet colors and styles. When we narrow the choices, I'll probably put some up here and take a poll. Always helps to have other opinions, right?
Well I guess I'd better get back to it...stay motivated. Hope you have a relaxing, non-stressful packing up stuff kind of day!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
A mess
Posted by D.M. at 11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment