Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Guess what?

We bought a house! I know, I know you're all too excited to even think straight!

Everything happened very quickly. Our offer was verbally accepted last Friday and Mark signed the paperwork on Monday to offically lock in the offer. Tuesday Mark met with our realtor and the inspector at the house and everything went well.

Today we met with the bank and signed all the application for loan papers and approved an appraisal on the house. We're hoping to close on the house before the first of the year, thought technically our offer to purchase lists January 16 as the closing date.

Anyway, my head is now filled with numbers and colors as we're rifling through paint samples and carpet swatches and working out loan and mortgage payment details. Oh yea, there's also the issue of packing up nearly three years of stuff!

Thought I'd finally share the good news...and now I'm off to review the zillions of papers we signed...yay!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

congrats on the house! i hope packing and moving everything goes smoothly when the time comes!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!