Monday, December 1, 2008

No News...

The realtor called today to say that the sellers are planning to counter-offer. No biggie, we sort of expected that. The kicker is though, that they have until Friday, FRIDAY to get back to us.

Seriously. Do you realize how far away that is? I do. And I don't like it.

I don't know why, but this time I'm feeling pretty confident that things will go our way. For one, this house sort of fell into our laps just when we had temporarily given up looking, proving the old adage "Good things come to those who wait."

For another, we submitted a "low ball" offer because we knew they would counter anyway. So we really have lots of wiggle room to hopefully get to a price we all agree on.

It's also nice that this counter offer and our counter offer to the counter offer (did you catch that?) can be made via phone. No unecessary and difficult-to-plan meetings needed for each subsequent offer.

See? Do you see how optimistic I'm being? That has to be good karma, right? RIGHT?

0 comments: