Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Funnies

I can't believe how quickly this holiday season has flown by! Once again we walk away with many new memories and an even deeper appreciation for family and togetherness.

With lots of little ones running around, there was a never-ending string of funny moments. Here are just a few....


Five-year old Marcus came up to my mother-in-law (his grandma) during gift opening and, pointing to a row of decorative candles on a shelf behind her, said, "Are those GLADE candles?!"

Later I told Marcus he'd better get home and head straight to bed so Santa would be sure to visit his house. His older sister, Julia, said "Yeah, but we don't even have any milk to put out with Santa's cookies so probably he won't come." Marcus quickly responded, "We can put out SOY milk!"

Four-year-old Reed was wrestling with an older cousin when he started giggling uncontrollably..."I just tooted!" he yelled.

Earlier in the day, Reed was heard saying "This year I do not want any girl toys!"
Later, his 2 year-old sister opened a very pink, very girly Princess Castle toy. Five minutes later, Reed was found hiding behind Grandpa's big recliner, Princess Castle spread before him.

Grant, 3, made a trip to the bathroom and ran back out pulling up his pants. His mom, my cousin Lisa, asked "Did you go potty Grant?" He replied, "Nope! No pee-pee was ready to come out!"

My three-year-old godson ran up to me shortly after Mark and I arrived at my mother and father-in-law's house. "See my hair?!" he exclaimed. "Yes," I said. "It looks very nice."
"I combed it like this and like this and like this," Jade said, very breathlessly while mimicking the way he brushed his hair.

Six-year-old Trent spoke to his cousin Troy, who is stationed with the Air Force in another state, on the phone Christmas Eve. "Guess what? Daddy tipped over his snowmobile and then..." (Trent lists five other infractions Daddy committed while snowmobiling.) After Trent got off the phone his dad, Randy, said "Did you just tattle on me?" Trent goes, "Um....no?"

0 comments: