Monday, December 15, 2008

Wasn't Me

Not Me! Monday time. Visit MckMama and all the other fabulous blogs linked on her site to read lots of Not Me!'s.

Last night's 35 mile-per-hour wind did not whip past our apartment building just right so as to create a loud, annoying buzzing sound as it hit the soffit and shutters. I did not toss and turn until 3 a.m. when I did not literally cry myself to sleep out of frustration.

I have never been so happy at the thought of leaving this awful apartment behind.

I did not clip my husband's toenails yesterday. Because he is perfectly capable of maintaining his own cleanliness so I never have to clean his ears (the tope part) with Q-Tips, apply the prescribed cream to the rash on his ankle, or smooth strawberry scented lotion on the dry spot on his arm. Nope that's not me...because I'm his wife, not his mother and he surely knows the difference in the duties there.

I did not spend much of the weekend packing and convincing Mark to get rid of...er...pare down his possessions. I am not frustrated that our box marked "Goodwill" has approximately four items in it.

I am not jealous of my brother and sister-in-law who are in Mexico this morning as I endure -6 degree temperatures. I am not jealous....I am not jealous....

0 comments: