Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lonely and Annoyed

Argh! Grrrr! &#!$%#@!!

I'm annoyed and lonely...as the title of this post implies. And I don't like it. At all.

Mark is sick...again. So he's in bed early...again. Normally, I'd be doing my "wifely duties" by bringing him fluids, tissues and meds, but this time I'm annoyed.

You see, last Wednesday he finally got over the two and a half week cold/chest congestion/flu thing he'd been battling. Today is Tuesday...and it's back. Why? Let me list the reasons:

1. He didn't take the vitamins I bought for him because I knew they would help build his immune system and provide essential VITAMINS.

2. He went to a high school playoff football game on Saturday - in the snow and freezing temperatures - and didn't dress properly...meaning no hat and no gloves.

3. He went to a Green Bay Packer Football game on Sunday and again failed to wear the proper attire.

4. He didn't take the GOSH DARN VITAMINS!!!

So now he's sick. And in bed. And it's 7:45 p.m.

I'm annoyed because I had to work late tonight and didn't get home until 5:30 p.m. And now he's in bed. At 7:45 p.m.

The icing on the cake? Tomorrow he is leaving for Madison where he (and his brothers) will go out to several bars, stay up late, have delicious drinks and essentially "whoop it up" to celebrate the state football game.

He is not only leaving me alone...he will be doing all the things (drinking, staying up late, going to smokey bars, etc) that will likely prolong his illness.

AND GUESS WHAT?

On Thursday he's going to go to the State football game in the freezing cold (24 degrees is predicted) without the proper attire! Oh! I checked his bag...he DID NOT PACK THE GOSH DARN VITAMINS!

Just in case you're not quite to the point of feeling sorry for me yet...he's coughing. Which means that when/if I decided to join him in our King size bed, I won't get a wink of sleep because he'll be hacking in my ear.

Sleep on the couch you say? Cant. Why? Because that beautiful (gosh darn) Grandfather clock makes such a racket...it's much like what Captain Hook (from Peter Pan) hears every time the (gosh darn) crocodile heads his way.

Yup. I'm doing just fabulous. Lonely, annoyed and whining. Sorry. I'll end the pity party. Good night. (Hopefully.)

0 comments: