Monday, November 24, 2008

Not Me! (Hunting Style)

Hey, hey, hey. Time for another Not Me! Monday, hosted by the amazing MckMama.

*I did not dominate the 2008 hunting season, bagging both a 3 1/2 inch spike buck and a four point buck opening day. My brother did not shoot a 7 point buck and a 128 pound doe, making us the only two out of our 11 person hunting party to have a successful opening weekend.

*I did not choke down four shots of Kesslers in celebration Saturday night and I didn't wake up Sunday with a pounding headache.

*I didn't take the time, while sitting in my deer stand, to again contemplate our plans for a family.

*I was not thrilled last week when Mark signed us up for text messaging for a month so we could stay in touch during hunting season. I did not put my phone on vibrate so I would hear a text from him, because of course when you're hunting everything should be completely silent.

*I did not jump up and down when I heard the reports for snow this week and immediately think about how easy it would be to track deer.

*I do not have to go to Wal-Mart this afternoon to buy more shot gun shells, because I did not mysteriously lose an entire pack of brand new shells somewhere in our family's cabin.

*I will not post pictures of the hunt tonight/tomorrow to share/brag the amazing-ness of this weekend.

*I am not looking forward to Thursday when I can again join the family for the hunt and I did not shake my fist at the thought of having to go back to work these three days.

*I am not going to sign off blogger now, to text my cousin for a report on this morning's hunt.

ENJOY THE SNOW!

0 comments: