MckMama's Not Me! Monday has really been catching on. Check out her site to read lots of other not me's from some really funny people who haven't been doing funny things.
I did not sit in the snow and 30 degree weather to take in a high school football playoff game Saturday night. Despite the numbness in my toes and fingers, I did not cheer just as loudly as everyone else and start to cry when the Wolves won the game 6-0. My mother-in-law and I did not rush onto the field and wrap my brother-in-law Mike (the head coach of the team) in a big bear hug. We did not almost get drenched by nearly frozen gatorade as members of the team celebrated the victory.
My husband did not attend a Packer game yesterday with his fun-loving brothers. He did not call me, noticably drunk, at half time to tell me he is planning to stay overnight in Madison -without me- before Thursday's state football game. I did not feel a little bit like crying at the thought of being alone in this apartment.
I did not trek down to the woods yesterday with my dad and brother to install a new ladder on my deer hunting stand...and I did not fall. On my butt. In the mud.
Speaking of falling...I certainly didn't fall off my chair at work last Thursday. The fall did not result in a loud "thud" that sent my coworker rushing to check on my well-being. I did not sit on the floor laughing for several minutes when I saw her shocked face.
I didn't go shopping yesterday...and casually toss (hide) the receipts in a cabinet above our refrigerator.
I am not dreading going to work this morning because of an altercation last week with a fellow employee. I also not bummed because my favorite co-worker has the day off and I know the day will be stressful without her.
I am not writing this post to put off taking a shower...and packing my lunch...and putting away clean laundry...and doing a load of dishes...and dressing for work...
Monday, November 17, 2008
NOT me MONDAY!
Posted by D.M. at 4:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
good luck hunting, hope you don't fall out of the tree. I'm a Wisconsin girl too, so I know the weather you're feeling.
I've come to love your Monday posts. They're so funny! :)
I hope you're well!
Post a Comment