Monday, November 10, 2008

...not me...

Not Me! Monday is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Here goes...

Friday night did not find me curled up on the couch with hubby watching four rented movies and gorging on Chinese food...because we're trying to save money and splurging on luxuries like that does not happen in our house anymore.

I did not wake up Saturday morning to see snow covering the ground. I did not insist, no matter what the fluffy white stuff was trying to tell me about the temperature outside, in wearing flip flops when I ventured out to get my flu shot.

My arm is not still sore from the vaccine injection and I did not take a three hour nap on Saturday and chalk up my sleepiness to a side-effect of the shot.

Hubby and I did not sit through a three hour football game in the freezing cold on Saturday. Our team did not win round three of the high school playoffs and we are not soooooooooooooo thrilled to be going to another game this Saturday to cheer on the Wolves.

I did not relax on the couch yesterday as Mark did the dishes and put away the laundry.

I swear I didn't cry as I watched an episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition and I did not gasp! at unfolding events on Desperate Housewives. My life is not consumed by "my shows."

I did not just realize that next weekend is the start of hunting season and that is not a problem because I definitely do have all my gear and ammo ready. (Mental note... find gear, buy hunting tag, purchase shells...)

I am not about to start my third full week at my new job and I am not nervous and didn't spend the entire weekend second-guessing a project I completed on Friday and dreading whether or not I will be confronted with that mess-up this morning.

And...I am certainly not looking forward to 5 p.m. when I can rush home and sift through all my favorite blogs to read about the fabulous Not Me! things they've accomplished over the week!

3 comments:

-stephanie- said...

not curling up on the couch with hubby, watching movies and eating Chinese sounds sooooo nice. it's on my list of things to not do.

~*~Bre~*~ said...

I didn't just curl up on the couch with my hubby this Sunday with a Big Mac, fries, and a Coke! Cuz I'm not trying to lose weight, and we're not trying to conserve money, either!!! I loved your blog!!

Brianne

kay said...

Chinese food, yum! I had some of that this week, too. It was divine! (: