Saturday, November 29, 2008

Not Me...Saturday?!

I'm about to post a weekend edition of MckMama's Not Me! Monday. Why? Because I've got something brewing in my mind that is too good to wait.

Here goes............

This morning, we did not meet with a realtor to put in an offer on a house.

We did not stumble upon this amazing and affordable house just when we were ready to give up looking and resign ourselves to surviving several more months in this apartment.

I am not anxious.nervous.excited.scared.worried.etc. about the prospect of being a homeowner.

I am also not thinking "Here we go again" and re-living the several other times we submitted offers on houses we thought were "the one."

I am not going to go crazy waiting for the seller's acceptance/refusal/counter offer.

I am not worried that I've jinxed myself. Again.

I am not mentally planning the color scheme and remodel projects for the house I fear we won't get.

I am not thinking about raising babies in this house, having neighbors over for card parties, and hosting family functions in the spacious backyard.

I. Am. Not. Getting. My. Hopes. Up.

No way, Jose. Not me. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

*Please keep your fingers crossed/say a prayer/do a house dance for us!*


0 comments: