Monday, July 21, 2008

Date Night, Knitting, Sweaty Temps

Jade grinning after catching beads at the parade!

Ooooooooh we had a busy, busy weekend! Friday night Mark wanted us to have a date night so we went to Appleton to eat at Applebees and see a movie. We ended up seeing "Wanted" with Angelina Jolie. It was very good, but also very gory and had quite a bit of swearing in it. I couldn't believe it...there was a boy who was like 11 years old sitting in front of us and the movie was rated R! I have no idea how he got in there, but I felt uncomfortable with the fact that he was there and hearing/seeing certain parts of the movie. Yeesh, some parents!



We both later realized that Friday (July 18) was the anniversary of our first date! We're both very glad we had a date night to celebrate, even though we didn't realize at the time what or why we were celebrating.



Saturday we kind of lounged around and did some cleaning. I got a lot of knitting done.... a pink pair of baby booties and a purple pair! I'm working a blue pair right now. Mark picked out the blue yarn and was so proud of himself, because now that I've got the first blue bootie started we can see that the color is very pretty. I'll post pics later...I'm having so much fun!



I had to run around to take a few pics for work in the afternoon, then we stopped by parent's place to see how their new house is coming. It looks sooooooooooo nice! Beautiful, really! I'm so happy for them! They'll start moving in this week and should be completely ready to live in the new house by Friday!



Saturday night Mark went to play cards and I stayed home because I was feeling a bit icky-ish from all the darn heat and humidity we've been having. I can handle the heat, but the humidity just zaps my energy. I've also been having lots of headaches lately that I think are allergy related. Anyway, I stayed home and did some more knitting and watched "The Other Sister" which is probably one of my favorite movies. If you haven't seen it...you must watch it!



Yesterday we went to the parade and pretty much melted/sweated our butts off. We sat with Kris and the kids so that was fun, but it was definitely too hot for my liking. We went out for brunch after, then went to Wal Mart so Mark could pick out the baby boy yarn. We lounged/napped/watched TV for the rest of the afternoon then went for Scoops ice cream later. Let me tell you there are some benefits to having my brother/sister-in-law own an ice cream parlor, but there are also some evils ... like the fact that we go there at least twice a week!



Today, we're back to the grind and counting down the days to our Wisconsin Dells vacation. I can't wait to take a few days off work and relax with my hubby. Never know what surprises might happen....

0 comments: