I don't know if it's allergies or stress or what....but I've been feeling very headachy and tired for the last few weeks. It's getting pretty sickening....wish it would stop!
We didn't end up meeting with the financial advisor the other night because they called and told us the road in front of their building was flooded and shut down because of the rain! See, I knew it was a bad idea to go.
Mark golfed yesterday and then I went to the musical "Damn Yankees!" with my mom, so I only saw him for about 15 awake minutes yesterday. That can be so tough on our relationship, but yet sometimes it's nice to have some time apart....it makes us appreciate the time we have together.
I was cleaning out the closet Wednesday and found a scarf I started knitting back in December. I really got back into knitting for a while there and even made scarves for a bunch of family members for Christmas. I'm working on finishing up that scarf now, because I realized I never made one for myself last winter!
I've also been looking online for patterns for baby booties, because I read an article where a mom made special booties for each of her children to wear home from the hospital. I thought that would be a nice tradition to start as well. (No I'm not pregnant....yet!) I decided I'll get started making them now and since we know we want to have at least three children, I'll probably make a couple pink pairs and a couple blue ones.
I picked up some really softy pink yarn and some cheap-o ugly stuff. I'm going to make a practice pair out of the ugly yarn, but first I have to find an online tutorial because I cannot remember how to knit a purl stitch!
Back Track: When I was about 11 or so I took some knitting classes through 4-H and learned how to do lots of fun stuff. Then I broke my elbow and had to have my arm in a weird sling for nearly three months and I couldn't knit. This past winter I decided to take it up again, but couldn't remember how to do a simple knit stitch! I found an online tutorial and it all came flooding back to me, but now I'm going to need a refresher to learn the purl stitch and "knitting in the round" which is what the baby bootie pattern calls for.
Mark is kind of rolling his eyes about the idea, but I love knitting because it's something I can do while I watch TV and I don't really have to think about it. He always gets so annoyed because I can never just watch TV, I always have to be doing something else while I watch. Usually it's cleaning or organizing something but lately it's been knitting.
We have an appointment tomorrow to look at a house, though I'm not sure where it is. Mark just left a quick message. It's fun to look at houses even if we know we're not interested in them...we always get good ideas and then we can see what we like and what we don't like. We're really in the market for a fixer-upper ... I think it will be so fun to do the work ourselves! Mark has lots of experience working construction and so does his brother Randy, and I looooooooooove to paint and pick out colors and all that stuff!
Phew. That was a lot of rambling about a lot of different things. I'd better get back to work... (Smile)
Friday, July 18, 2008
Headaches Galore
Posted by D.M. at 8:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment