Mmmm. Not a fan of storms. It just took Mark an hour and a half to get home from work because the streets in Appleton were flooded and when the hail started coming down, the cars on the highway slowed to around 40 mph. It was awful...that scary-waiting-for-something-bad-to-happen feeling. He called every 15 min. or so just to basically say that he was ok and where he was so I wouldn't worry too much.
He finally walked in the door a bit ago and I just went outside (in the rain!) to see if I could see any hail damage to the car. Can't really see anything, so hopefully that means no damage. We're supposed to meet with a financial advisor at 4 p.m., but I think we should re-schedule. I do NOT want to drive in this nasty weather. It's still really windy, pea sized hail keeps coming down and it's pouring outside. Mark is stubborn though, and insisting we go. It's so frustrating when he won't listen to reason.
He seriously sometimes thinks he's Superman. He does the same thing in winter when the weather and the roads are really bad. I often encourage him to get up earlier on those days so he has plenty of time to get to work without rushing and sometimes I beg him to stay home so he won't have to make the 45 minute trek to Appleton. He tells me I'm being paranoid/irrational/crazy whatever and does what he wants anyway.
I know most men are like that, I just wish he'd see my point of view sometimes and try to understand why I get worried and upset. It doesn't help matters that I hate to be alone in the apartment when there's bad weather. Actually I hate being in the apartment period when it's storming.
About eight years ago a really bad thunderstorm passed through our area. The storm had winds of like 100 miles per hour, and they ripped the roof off the very apartment that we live in. Of course they've fixed the roof since then, but I still feel like there might be structural damage left over and you never know....
Alright, I guess that's enough about that. I have lots to blog about - my parents got their new house, Mark and I are going on vacation, my brother turns 21 tomorrow..... but alas I've wasted all my blogging time rambling on about storms. I'll have to post about those things tomorrow!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Stormy Weaaaaaaaather
Posted by D.M. at 1:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment