Hmmm....I'm thinking it's time for another template change! I so love tinkering around with things like that, so expect a new look in the next few days!
The past few days, I've really enjoyed learning new things in photoshop. It's amazing to me that I've had the program on my computer for ages but I never took the time to learn more than simple photo editing.
Now I'm learning new things about layers and colors and it's oh so much fun. It's actually rather time consuming and addicting, but I'm so glad I learned how to do it at this stage in my life - it will come in so handy when I want to keep up with the goings-on in my little one's lives!
I've always loved scrap booking and in fact I did it pretty much throughout my entire high school career. I made a really neat scrapbook of our first year together and presented it to Mark on our one-year anniversary. He loved it! Since then, I haven't had the time/ambition to create even one scrap book page. Not even of our wedding!
So, with this new photoshop scrapping I can really see myself keeping up with it. Each page takes 15-20 minutes, (or less!) depending on what elements I use. I found this great high-quality print paper at Hobby Lobby that allows me to print out the pages without the photos looking very grainy or otherwise distorted. The color is pretty crisp as well. I plan to pick up a new scrapbook with plastic pages and voila! I'll be able to scrapbook without having to print out pictures, buy the decals and paper and spend hours of my time.
There's one thing that's been very challenging for me - printing out pictures. I'm so used to our wonderful digital cameras where I simply load the pictures into folders on the computer. At least once a month I'll log on to walmart.com and upload several dozen pics to have made into a photo cd. I rarely print the photos though!
The other day I actually went to the store with the intent of printing a few cute photos of our nieces and nephews. I found myself tapping my foot with impatience as I waited for the machine to load my camera card and recognize all the files. Whoa! What a digital/online world we live in! Remember when all cameras had rolls of film that had to be developed and picked up more than a week later? Sorry, no time for that these days!
In other news, things are going wonderfully between hubby and me. We haven't argued at all since our last big discussion and we've been paying extra attention to each other, making sure the other is happy. It's great! We're making real plans for our future as well and it's so nice to have things to look forward to!
I am also the proud new owner of pink crocs and a new pink phone. The Alltell people were running a buy-one-get-one sale on Samsung Hue phones so it worked out perfectly for us to each get a new phone when we renewed our plan. The phones came with red and blue faceplates, but hubby knew I really wanted a pink phone so he asked the phone guy if there were any pink faceplates. For an additional $10 we got a three pack with pink, green and white...I was such a happy camper!
Then we went to Rogan's to get Mark some new work shoes. They had a buy one, get one half off sale so he said I could pick out a pair of shoes. I got some pink crocs for only $12! Whoo hoo! It was a fabulously PiNk day!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Time for another change?
Posted by D.M. at 2:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment