Friday, July 11, 2008

Moody Me

Me (in a good mood) with my lovely Mom!

Yesterday found me in a really, really, really bad mood. I don't know why or how it came about, but I was just in a funk. Nothing made me happy, I felt really down and I just didn't want to talk. So, as usual when I get into these moods a fight escalated between me and Mark.

Ugh. The details are stupid and not even really worth delving into, but suffice it to say we had another argument and there was some crying and yelling and in the end everything is fine again.

I don't know why I have these insecurities or why those choose to come out when I'm feeling blue, but these fights are just getting old. So, I've made the decision to not let my bad moods affect/effect (never sure which to use!) my relationship with my husband.

If I'm feeling "ugh" and need to be alone, I'll simply say "Please leave me alone, I need some space right now" instead of launching into some awful tirade. Sure, it sounds easy now but just wait till that next funk hits and we'll see how I handle it...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a fight-free night with hubby and enjoying a really good book, which always puts me in a good mood.

Despite my mood, I had a very productive day yesterday. I did lots of cleaning/re-organizing/purging of stuff and feel pretty good about my accomplishments. So often, I tell Mark that I hate this apartment but really it's kind of cute and cozy. I guess what I mean to say is that I'm used to having grass and space and I hate that our apartment doesn't have that. Hmmm...that's a good insight I should definitely tell him that.

Anyway, I'm going to Jazz Festival with my mom tomorrow afternoon and then Mark and I will be going to the fireworks at night. Sunday is the annual Guys' Charter Fishing Trip/Golf Outing and we're getting together for a Salmon Grill in the aft. - busy, busy, busy! Ciao for now!

0 comments: