Yay! Mark's team won the volleyball league title tonight! They've actually won the last five years in a row...they definately have a good thing going. It's a co-ed team that includes Mark, his brother Randy, sister-in-law Kris and our friends Callie, Steph and Craig. They have lots of fun and work really well together.
We've got lots of sporty stuff coming up in the next few weeks. This weekend Mark and I are running our church's volleyball tournament. His brother Dave has run it for the last few years, but is taking over the food/beverage end of the annual church picnic so Mark volunteered us for the job. It's going to be a lot of work...looks like we have 12 teams signed up so far. We've got to organize the brackets, set up the nets, keep track of the wins/losses, act as referees and handle the pay-out at the end. It will definately be a learning experience, but we both enjoy volleyball and more importantly volunteering and helping out with a church-related event.
Though the bar volleyball league is done as of tonight, Mark's Thursday night golf league still has a few weeks left to play. Pretty soon football starts, so that will be a busy time as well. Mark and his brother have coached the seventh grade youth football team for the last seven years and this year are moving up to coach 8th grade. They're very excited about the step up because the kids get to kick/punt at this level. Mark and Randy work so well together and are great coaches! I think to think I'm a good sideline "mom" - I end up being a surrogate mom for them during practice and games...I've got to make sure those meany coaches don't yell too much!
So, it will be a very busy, very sporty time for us for a while. Oh, well I knew that when I became part of this family. Sports are in the Breckheimer blood stream!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Sporty
Posted by D.M. at 7:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment