Monday, May 5, 2008

Chipped Tooth = Angry Husband

Well folks I've done it again. It's been one of those Danielle-just-cannot-do-anything-right kind of days. Not only did I cause an argument among my co-workers and anger a customer, I also chipped a tooth.

You see, for a long time I've been spoiled. I've lived my entire life covered under my mom's insurance plan. My mom has a government job with wonderful insurance that covers health, dental and eye. My husband has a regular guy job at at a car dealership with so-so insurance that covers only a portion of health and dental and absolutely nothing dealing with the eyes.

It all started with my devious plan to ruin my husband's life. This spring I developed an extreme case of allergies which have wreaked havoc on my contacts. So, last week I saw the eye doctor for an exam and ordered $130 worth of contacts. Mark was less than thrilled.

Today was the icing on the cake as I continued the plot to ruin said husband's life. I chipped a tooth. Not just any tooth...the tooth I just had a root canal performed on two months ago. You see, in my effort to avoid further tooth-related pain I opted for a temporary filling in the tooth rather than a full-blown crown. The dentist warned me not to eat anything hard or too sticky on that side and guessed the temporary filling would last at least a year.

Wrong-o. As I type, the jagged edges of the dreaded tooth are slicing my delicate tongue to ribbons. No, no not ribbons...shreds. What does hubby have to say about it? Hmmm...I'll let you know tomorrow when he's done cussing under his breath, screaming at the insurance people on the phone and performing hexes on dentists as a whole.

0 comments: