Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's been six days...

... since I bagged up the trash and put it by the door. Hubby apparently has a special sort of "guy vision" that let's him look right past it, even though he uses said door to enter and exit our apartment at least five times a day.

It's been four days since I did the dishes. I'm testing him. I want to see if he will find the ambition and motivation to help me out. We're down to a few plates, two bowls and two forks. Oops, make that one fork. I used one for lunch today.

It's been five days since I cleaned the bathroom. (Gross, I know but I'm sacrificing for experiment's sake.)

It's been seven days since I cleaned his side of our bedroom. Currently, there is a pile of Kleenex next to his trash can on his side of the bed that is close to being knee high. There are also seven pairs of boxers pooled together on the floor on his side of the bed. Never mind that the hamper is a mere four feet away - he's hoping they'll grow legs and hop in of their own accord.

I haven't done HIS laundry in as many days. (Let's face it, not doing my laundry would only serve to torture ME.)

So far, it seems he hasn't even noticed my little experiment.

Last night I nonchalantly asked him if he noticed anything different about the apartment. He looked around and said, "Oh yea that new air freshener smells good."

I don't ask a lot. I just want a little help. I want him to pick up after himself and help with at least one or two of the cleaning chores. Things would be different if he had a very demanding job and worked late hours, but that's just not the case. Four out of the five work days, he's home before I am yet I'm still the one who has to do all the cleaning, laundry and cooking. Ugh!

On another note, I had to go to the dentist this morning for a cleaning. The fact that I have a TMJ disorder coupled with problems related to gum bleeding, means that my appointments usually last in excess of an hour. I'm in so much pain, it hurts to take a sip of my water!

As I bask in the disarray of my apartment and hold a warm compress to my throbbing jaw, I look forward to the weekend. Mark will be gone up North and my experiment will officially end, meaning I will spend Friday, Saturday and Sunday cleaning, sterilizing and de-dustifying my apartment. Ah, the joys of married life.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I've tried your little experiment before at my house too... I hope that you have better luck with yours than I did with mine!