Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunburns, bonfires and monkeys




Weekend Recap....
On Saturday Mark went golfing with some friends, so I took the opportunity to wash some laundry and take it out to my parent's farm to let it air dry on their clothes line. I love, love, love the smell of line-dried laundry but forgot that line drying can make the towels quite crispy! I ended up throwing some of the towels in our dryer at the apartment for a little bit to soften them up!

It was nice to sit out in a lawn chair in the sun talking with my mom for several hours and even though I tried to be good and put sunscreen on, I still managed to get burned on the back of my neck, my forehead and the tops of my shoulders. Hmmm...maybe I should invest in the colored sunscreen that helps you see the spots you missed?!

Later, I picked Mark up from the bar and we headed out to my aunt's house for the first bonfire of the season. A few of my aunts and I spent some time working on Relay for Life stuff in the house and by the time we were ready to sit by the fire, everyone else was cold and wanted to come in! Oh well, it was a nice evening and good to catch up with everyone.

Today, we went to the N.E.W. Zoo in Suamico. We had a lot fun and I couldn't help but think that in a few years it will be even more fun to bring a little one (or two) to see the animals! I love to watch the monkeys and the groundhogs and of course, the giraffes are really fun to see. A few of the exhibits were under construction and some of the animals were "in hiding," so I'm definitely thinking a return trip later on in the summer is in order.

Tonight we'll probably just veg. Mark is napping now but he mentioned watching a movie later, so we'll see. Tomorrow is the Memorial Day Parade and celebration in town, so we'll go to get some pictures. I'm also going to try to make it out the cemetery where my grandpa is buried - they're having a 21 gun salute and playing of taps at 7:30 a.m. there. Maybe we'll grill out tomorrow afternoon. I guess I don't really care what we do as long as we can spend time together, because Mark will be gone up North all of next weekend and we won't get to see each other.

Alright, I'll leave you with some pics from the zoo and get back to reading my book!


Some of the animals were pretty...



... and some were pretty hungry!





The poor groundhogs had their home invaded...


...and the tortoise had a very lazy kind of day.


The cute little Albino Alligator found refuge from the sun...


...the lion and lioness basked in it!


All in all it was a very "zoobly" day!

0 comments: