Sunday, October 26, 2008

BiRtHdAy BoY



Isn't he the cutest little birthday boy? Jade will happily tell you that he is "One, Two, Free" years old...and he'll say it while he holds up five or seven fingers. I've yet to figure out that one!

We had his birthday party last night and he was thrilled with his presents from me which included: a huge Spiderman/Incredible Hulk Lego Set, a Max & Ruby DVD, two books of Cars stickers, and two fun candy things that light up and make noise.



The kids quickly dumped out the Lego set and got to work building and playing.
Later I snuggled with all four of the kids on the couch and watched the Max & Ruby DVD while the other "adults" played cards. I'd much rather play with my cuties than lose money in a stupid card game!

I'm still in denial about Jade turning three. Not sure when it will sink in...all I can say is I hope that when we have kids they won't grow up nearly as quickly as my nieces and nephews seem to! I can't believe I held this kid in the hospital when he was just hours old and now he's such a big boy!

In other news...things are sort of rocky with me and Mark right now. We seem to be back into our regular fighting pattern. I'd really hoped that without the financial worries my other job created, we'd be in better shape. To tell the truth, I don't really have the energy to check with him every 10 minutes to see if he's happy...and that annoys him. He thinks it's my job/duty/obligation to make him happy. Who cares what I want or need, right?

I'm feeling pretty down again and I've been having a lot of anxiety lately. I talked to my doctor about it and she told me about a variety of medications and therapy things I could try. I'm just not sure I'm ready to accept that I have something wrong with me. I just don't know.

It's weird to think that tomorrow is our One Year Wedding Anniversary. I really hope that we work through whatever he's feeling grumpy about so we can have a nice time tomorrow. We'll see.

Till then...

0 comments: