Well, I've had a very emotional and stressful two days as yesterday was my last day at the paper and today was my first at my new job!
Things went well yesterday, though I'm not very good at training and I didn't get along very well with the lady who is taking my place. It was nice though, because the ladies organized a pot-luck lunch thing as a going away party for me. At the end of the day there were hugs and some tears, but I left the office feeling good about my decision and ready to put the past behind me. It really hit me though, when I had to give up my key. It was a "wow, I'm really leaving" moment for me.
I surprised myself by not freaking out too much last night...I didn't even lose any sleep worrying about the new job today. I got up extra early to give myself time to get ready, eat breakfast (which I NEVER do, and did not like) and relax before reporting to work at 8:30 a.m.
I learned a looooooooooooooooooot of stuff today. Some of it is lurking around in my brain somewhere, I'm sure. Some I'll have to re-learn and there still lots I haven't been taught yet. I think I'm really going to like it there once I get over the stress and confusion of learning everything. The folks there are really nice and closer to my age, so they're easier to relate to. One of them had a baby a few months ago and another of my co-workers has a two-year-old, so it will be fun to hear some of their baby stories!
I'm excited about tomorrow and hope I've retained much of what I learned. I really hope I look back on this day a year from now and think "What was I worried about?"
I'm a pretty fast learner, so I'm crossing my fingers for that. I'll try to update more regarding what I'm learning and doing at my new job...but for tonight I need to give my brain a rest and get some sleep. Cross your fingers that things continue to go smoothly for me.
We don't have too much planned over the next few days....tomorrow night we're going out to eat with my parents to celebrate their 26th wedding anniversary and our 1st anniversary...should be a good time. Friday night there's not much going on and then Saturday is Jade's 3rd birthday party. I'm hoping to relax this weekend so I can re-coup for Monday!
Oh yea! I'm also (impatiently) waiting to hear news of my blogger friend Amanda's new baby...where's that update?! Seriously, check out her blog...she has the most adorable little girls and ... boy? What is the sex of that baby? I'm dying to know!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Last Day & First Day
Posted by D.M. at 5:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment