Thursday, October 2, 2008

Icky

Ugh. I don't know what it is but I've been feeling "icky" for four or five days now. It's a weird cramping in my stomach, crazy headaches and overall feeling "blah" and tired. Could be stress, could be a bug...who knows.

I addition to this ick-ness, I'm already getting sad thinking about Mark leaving me this weekend. He's going up to his boss' cabin. Have I mentioned that? They go up twice a year, usually in June and then again in Sept or October. They're leaving tomorrow right from work and won't be home till late Sunday night.

For some reason I always get really, really sad when he's gone. I hate being alone and all the little noises and creaks make me very jumpy.

So...I'm sickish and sad and overall not feeling very motivated.

I managed to clean off the kitchen counter, clean the bathroom and wash the rugs yesterday and that's about it. Still clothes to be put away, dishes and vaccuuming to be done. It's funny how when I was younger and my mom complained about cleaning, I just brushed if off like "it's no big deal."

Now that I have had several wonderful years of having to clean an entire apartment by myself...I understand her frustration. Oh well, I suppose I'll have lots of time this weekend to clean...if I'm feeling motivated.

I plan to rent a movie or two tomorrow night and maybe get some Chinese food if I'm feeling better. Saturday I'm going shopping with my mom. That should be interesting...we have to try to get the Shopko people to take back a VCR/DVD player she bought there.

You know the whole digital tv thing and how people either need to use converter boxes or buy a new tv or they won't get reception after February? Well my parents bought a new tv to go with their new house, so it's all HD ready and whatever but they found they couldn't tape shows with their VCR because it's not set up for digital channels.

Anyone with a converter box will know that the channels are no longer 2 or 38, they're 2.1 and 38.3 - so you can't very well type that number in when trying to set something to record. So they went to Shopko and bought a new VCR/DVD player that the salesman assure them would work. Guess what? It doesn't. In order to record, the players have to have a "digital tuner" built inside. Mom has since bought a new one with a digital tuner that works, but we've got to do a bit of crabbing at the store and make them take back the one they sold her. They'd better not give us a hassle because I'm ready to fight!

Alright, enough of that. I'm going back to the couch with my soup to watch an episode of Full House. I'll keep you posted on the illness...till then be glad you can't catch (real) viruses via the computer!

0 comments: