Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My announcement....

...in two weeks, I will be starting a NEW JOB! Yay! (I know I said I'd announce it Friday, but I'm too darn excited to wait!)

This new job is certainly an answer to some long asked prayers and I am so excited. However, I'm a bit emotionally exhausted because I had to give notice at the newspaper (my current job) and let's just say there was lots of crying involved.

Though the company's financial status and the crazy 55+hour work weeks were so difficult for me and obviously not good for my marriage, I've made some really wonderful personal and professional relationships that are quite hard to leave behind.

My boss was very understanding and he even gave me a hug and shed a few tears along with everyone else in the office. It was very hard, but I've felt like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders since I handed in my resignation!

I can finally breathe a sigh of relief! I've seriously been dreading/crying/making myself sick for the last two weeks in anticipation and fear of having to do this. Then, this morning I had a little chat with God and just offered up my fears to Him. We got through it together and I can now look forward to my new job as a Graphics Designer!

I start the new job on October 22 and I'm hoping for a smooth transition and hopefully a not-so-stressful last two-ish weeks at the paper! Yay!

4 comments:

agk11808 said...

I also made myself sick thinking about telling my previous boss that i quit. and to make matters worse i worked for my dad's cousin, who we were close for! but like you said ask god to help and it worked out fine, i couldn't be happier in my new job and worked out wonderfully!

Ashley said...

How exciting!!! The best of luck!!!

Amanda said...

Congratulations! Good luck at your new job!

amanda said...

yay!! i'm so glad everything worked out for you. it'll be weird not to see your name in the paper anymore. :0)