I can hardly believe that Kristin and Aaron's big wedding weekend is over! The time flew by so quickly. It's funny, I recall saying/feeling the exact same thing almost a year ago the day after our wedding.
It's crazy...there's so much anticipation and lots of planning and then it's over in a heart beat!
The wedding was beautiful and so much fun. There were six of us in the wedding party and I had the priviledge of standing up with a very funny guy named Bill. We all had a blast joking around at Friday night's rehearsal and dinner then all of us girls enjoyed spending time together Saturday morning getting our hair and make up done.
It was a very relaxing wedding morning, though things crumbled slightly when I realized an issue with my dress. Really it was an issue with my bra and the unsightly straps that insisted on slipping. Luckily my mom is always ready with needle and thread and safety pins. She hopped in the car and high tailed it to my apartment to fix me up just minutes before I needed to meet the rest of the girls at the church.
Mark dropped me off at the pastor's house where we were all to meet. I walked into the room where the other girls had gathered and found them ALL pinning their straps as well! The dress style simply doesn't accomodate bra straps. I was happy to realize that it wasn't just an issue I faced.
We had a laugh as we tucked and pushed and shoved Kristin into her beautiful designer gown (you know those dresses have lots of layers!) Then we all enjoyed time outside in the beautiful weather taking photos with the beautiful bride.
The ceremony was short and sweet and intimate. As part of the ceremony, the bride and groom were presented with a prayer shawl that was knit by a member of the parish. How cool is that? The look on Aaron's face when he saw his bride was priceless and I don't think there was a dry eye in the church when Kristin's dad hugged his little girl. Amazing.
Lots more pictures and bridal party joking...then off to the Ramada in Fond du Lac for the reception. The food was fabulous, the speeches heartfelt and the scavenger hunt (instead of clinking glasses to get the couple to kiss) was ingenious! We all had so much fun at the dance as the deejay played a wide variety of songs that everyone enjoyed. My brother Ben and cousin Eric were a riot and definitely caused a few scenes with their "dice throwing" and "one-legged" dance moves!
All in all it was an amazing and wonderful time and I feel so honored to have been asked to share in it. I wish Aaron and Kristin nothing short of all the happiness in the world and I am so very excited to see how they grow together.
Congratulations Kristin and Aaron!

It's crazy...there's so much anticipation and lots of planning and then it's over in a heart beat!
The wedding was beautiful and so much fun. There were six of us in the wedding party and I had the priviledge of standing up with a very funny guy named Bill. We all had a blast joking around at Friday night's rehearsal and dinner then all of us girls enjoyed spending time together Saturday morning getting our hair and make up done.
It was a very relaxing wedding morning, though things crumbled slightly when I realized an issue with my dress. Really it was an issue with my bra and the unsightly straps that insisted on slipping. Luckily my mom is always ready with needle and thread and safety pins. She hopped in the car and high tailed it to my apartment to fix me up just minutes before I needed to meet the rest of the girls at the church.
Mark dropped me off at the pastor's house where we were all to meet. I walked into the room where the other girls had gathered and found them ALL pinning their straps as well! The dress style simply doesn't accomodate bra straps. I was happy to realize that it wasn't just an issue I faced.
We had a laugh as we tucked and pushed and shoved Kristin into her beautiful designer gown (you know those dresses have lots of layers!) Then we all enjoyed time outside in the beautiful weather taking photos with the beautiful bride.
The ceremony was short and sweet and intimate. As part of the ceremony, the bride and groom were presented with a prayer shawl that was knit by a member of the parish. How cool is that? The look on Aaron's face when he saw his bride was priceless and I don't think there was a dry eye in the church when Kristin's dad hugged his little girl. Amazing.
Lots more pictures and bridal party joking...then off to the Ramada in Fond du Lac for the reception. The food was fabulous, the speeches heartfelt and the scavenger hunt (instead of clinking glasses to get the couple to kiss) was ingenious! We all had so much fun at the dance as the deejay played a wide variety of songs that everyone enjoyed. My brother Ben and cousin Eric were a riot and definitely caused a few scenes with their "dice throwing" and "one-legged" dance moves!
All in all it was an amazing and wonderful time and I feel so honored to have been asked to share in it. I wish Aaron and Kristin nothing short of all the happiness in the world and I am so very excited to see how they grow together.
Congratulations Kristin and Aaron!





0 comments:
Post a Comment