Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rainy Wednesday

I love, love, love rainy days when I can veg at home. Sad, though to think that this is my last Wednesday off because I start my new job a week from today!

Only one more stressful Tuesday press day to get through. I think I can do it. Yesterday was crazy stressful and I was pretty cranky because one of my coworkers has been giving me the silent treatment ever since I gave my resignation. She thinks I'm leaving everyone "in the lurch" by "only giving two weeks notice." Yeesh, like I really owe them anything more. In fact, I don't "owe" them the two weeks and I wouldn't be doing it if our lawyer didn't advise it as a way to show we're cooperating with everything. I just hope I get the money I have coming to me. If not, I think there could be trouble.

Anyway, we actually got done with everything around 5:30 p.m. which is a decent time, but if you figure in the fact that I went in to work at 6 a.m. and didn't take a lunch break...it's still a long day. Can you see why I'm eager to leave?

After work I went to Mark's kid's football game. It was parent's night for the 8th graders and the announcers decided to include the coach's wives. That was neat. My sister-in-law and I (and the kiddos) got to join the parents out on the field to do huddle and "break down" before the game.

They lost. Big time. It's been really frustrating for Mark and Randy this year because it just seems like the kids don't want to be there and are working to only half their potential. Mark said he's very happy to be done with this class and hopes that next year's eighth graders will be more motivated.

We got to bed sort of late, but I decided to get up early and get stuff done since this is my last "Cleaning Wednesday." I got up, ran to Wal-Mart, came home and did the dishes. Then I made a lasagna (didn't bake it yet...will do that just before Mark gets home) and did the load of dishes that I created in making the lasagna. I scrubbed the kitchen floor and got started on cleaning the bathroom.

In a few minutes I have to go take some pictures for the paper. After I'm done, I plan to stop at the video rental place (they called yesterday and said we have a free rental coming! whoo hooo!) and when I get home I plan to finish the bathroom and our bedroom, vaccuum, clear the kitchen table and possibly bake some brownies! I know...I'm little Miss Suzy Homemaker today!

It's not often the mood hits me to be domestic, so I'm taking full advantage of it. I think my big problem is that I come home from the paper each day and I'm so wiped out/cranky/frustrated that I don't feel like doing anything else. I'm hoping that my new job will allow me more free time (no late nights or crazy weekends) and help me be a happier person! I'm so looking forward to it!

Busy weekend coming up with my cousin Kristin's wedding on Saturday (yay!) and can you believe that my little adorable, oh-so-cute Godson turns THREE YEARS OLD tomorrow?! Wow, time sure has flown.

Till next time....

0 comments: